Ashly CL50 MODS.
- Add heatsinks to the regulators.
- Replace 1000uf power supply caps with 2200uf 35v caps (516D228M035QS6AE3)
- Bypass those caps with .1u film caps
- Bypass the V+ and V- with .1u film caps
- Replace chips 201 (IO board) and IC2 (Main board) with better ic's (NE5532, OPA2132, opa2134, OPA2107, LT1358, or LME49860NA (My fav))
- Replace the VCA with a THAT 2180AL08-U (lift pin 4, pin 4 should not connect to anything)
- Add .1uf film caps to the IC's for stabalization.
- Replace c1, c2, c3, c4, and c10 with 47u 35v bipolar panasonic caps (ECE-A1VN470U)
- Bypass those caps with .47u film caps
- Replace Resistors r202, r210, and r11 with 10k metal film equivalents
- Replace Resistors r2 and r22 with 100r metal film equivalents
- Replace Resistor r15 with a 3.3k metal film resistor and r16 with a 1k metal film resistor
Disclaimer: I encourage people to DIY and I'm here in a informative role.
Here are some pictures from some mods.
ModDefecation is about making equipment sound better, providing knowledge and support, repairing that awesome piece of gear, and custom builds. Send me you questions or Ideas.