Ashly CL52e MODS.
- Add heatsinks to the regulators.
- Replace the 1000uf power supply caps with 2200uf 35v caps (516D228M035QS6AE3)
- Bypass those caps with .1u film caps
- Bypass the V+ and V- with .1u film caps
- Replace chips 201 (IO board) and IC2 (Main board) with better ic's (NE5532, OPA2132, opa2134, OPA2107, LT1358, or LME49860NA (My fav))
- Replace the VCA with a THAT 2180AL08-U (lift pin 4, pin 4 should not connect to anything)
- Add .1uf film caps to the IC's for stabalization.
- Replace The caps in the signal chain with 47uf 50v bipolar panasonic caps (5 total)
- Bypass those caps with .47u film caps
- Replace Resistors in the signal chain with metal film equivalents (sorry for being vague, I'll update with part numbers when I crack mine open again)
Disclaimer: I encourage people to DIY and I'm here in a informative role.
Here are some pictures from some mods.
ModDefecation is about making equipment sound better, providing knowledge and support, repairing that awesome piece of gear, and custom builds. Send me you questions or Ideas.