Ashly PQX 571 and 572 MODS.
Ashly PQX 571 and 572 EQ's are great sounding EQ's for the price. Better than rane IMO. Some people on Gearslutz have compared them favorably with Emperical labs eq's.
Note: All the Ashly PQX's I've modded have had to have thier pots cleaned as almost all of them were dirty.
- Replace c13 and c16 with 1500uf caps (MAL215031152E3)
- Bypass those caps with .1u film caps
- Bypass the V+ and V- with .1u film caps
- Replace chips U1 (input) and U5 (output) with better ic's (NE5532, OPA2132, opa2134, OPA2107, LT1358, or LME49860NA (My fav))
Nice thing about these is that you can use 5mm, 7.5mm or 10mm pin placement for capacitors. (4mm width or less though.)
- Replace c101 with a .22u polypro
- Replace c209, 210, 213, 214, 309, 310, 313, 314, 409, 410, 413, 414, 509, 510, 513, 514, 609, 610, 613, 614, and 704 with 1500pf (1.5nf) polypro or styrene caps
- Replace c208, 212, 308, 312, 408, 412, 508, 512, 608, 612 and with 6800pf (6.8nf) polypro or styrene caps
- Replace c207, 211, 307, 311, 407, 411, 507, 511, 607, 611 and with .068u (68nf) polypro or styrene caps
Disclaimer: I encourage people to DIY and I'm here in a informative role.
ModDefecation is about making equipment sound better, providing knowledge and support, repairing that awesome piece of gear, and custom builds. Send me you questions or Ideas.