DBX 163 Mods
Tools needed: 3/32 allen wrench, #2 phillips screwdriver
- Add heatsinks to the regulators.
- Replace c28, and c29 with 1000uf 25v caps (516D228M035QS6AE3)
- Replace c30 and c31 with a .1uf film cap
- Bypass the V+ and V- with .1u film caps
- Replace chip OA1 with better ic (NE5532, OPA2132, opa2134, OPA2107, LT1358, or LME49860NA (My fav)) and install a gold plated ic socket.
- Repalce chip OA2 with better ic (LME49710NA, OPA134, OPA602, opa627, or LT1357) and install a gold plated ic socket.
- Add a 10pf cap from pin 1 to pin 2 on OA1
- Replace the VCA with a THAT 2180AL08-U (lift pin 4, pin 4 should not connect to anything)
- Remove c1, and c2. Add a wire with a ferrite bead in place of c2.
- Replace c5 with a 22uf 35v bipolar panasonic cap (ECE-A1VN220U)
- Bypass that with a .22uf film cap
- Remove c7
- Replace c3, c4, c8, c9, c10, c11, c18, and c19 with .1uf film caps
- Replace c24 and c25 with a .01uf film cap
- Replace r1 and r5 with a 1k metal film
- Replace r2 with a 100k metal film
- Remove r9 and r10
- Replace r16 with a 22ohm metal film
IC Optional MoD:
- Replace chips OA3 and OA4 with gold plated ic sockets and a better ic like a LT1124 or LME49860NA.
Disclaimer: I encourage people to DIY and I'm here in a informative role.
Here are some pictures from some mods.
ModDefecation is about making equipment sound better, providing knowledge and support, repairing that awesome piece of gear, and custom builds. Send me you questions or Ideas.