MXR 136 Dual Limiter MODS
Because This compressor doesn't have any part designations on the board I figured a picture tutorial would be best.
Channel 2 and PSU/Right
Otherwise here's a description.
- Add heatsinks to the regulators.
- Bypass the regulators V+ and v- to ground with a .1uf film/ceramic cap
- Replace c23, and c24 with 2200uf 25v caps
- Replace ic's (5534's) u1, u2, u4, u17, u18 and u21 with gold contact ic sockets and change the chips to: LME49710NA, OPA134, OPA602, opa627, or LT1357
- Replace ic's (TL072's) u3 and u22 with gold contact ic sockets and change the chips to: OPA2132, opa2134, OPA2107, LT1358, or LME49860NA (My fav)
- Bypass the modded IC's V+ and V- with a .1uf capacitor to ground
- Replace the 100uf capacitor after the first IC with a 100uf 35v bipolar capacitor
- Bypass those with 1uf film caps
- Replace the 220uf capacitor after the ouput IC (TL072) with a 220uf bipolar capacitor
- Bypass those with 1uf or 2.2uf film caps
- Replace the Resistors in the signal path with Metal film resistors (refer to pictures)
Disclaimer: I encourage people to DIY and I'm here in a informative role.
Here are some images: